- A super telephoto zoom lens supporting Nikon’s exclusive range of focal lengths from 200 to 400 mm
Coverage for a wide range of focal lengths enables capture of a wide variety of angles of view with a single lens.
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops
- ED lens elements (4) adopted for superior chromatic aberration compensation
- A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode added
The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override, MF priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating, and M (manual focus) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.