- COOLPIX S1100pj Primary Features
1) 40% brighter projector function:
By increasing projector brightness from the 10 lumens supported by the COOLPIX S1000pj to 14 lumens, projection at a distance up to 240 cm and a size of up to 47-inch display is possible, and projection in brighter surroundings, such as inside a tent or onto a ceiling is clearer. What’s more, simultaneously display of images in the camera monitor with projection put projector operation in the palm of your hand, allowing for more ways to enjoy the feature.
2) 3-inch, 460k-dot TFT LCD touch panel monitor with beautiful reproduction of even the smallest details
- High-resolution monitor
The 460k-dot high-resolution monitor with high visibility reproduces detailed portions more clearly.
- Resistive touch panel
The touch panel supports intuitive operation, including utilisation of the touch shutter function for focusing and shooting, with the touch of a finger.
- Hard coating
Even with touch panel operations, fingerprints do not easily remain on the monitor and those that do are more easily wiped off.
3) Projection of a computer display with USB connection of the camera to the computer
- Functions for computer connection
When the camera is connected to a Windows PC or Macintosh computer, images and text created and displayed on the computer can be projected by the camera as is.
* Dedicated driver software is required. Display speed is dependent upon computer performance.
4) Interactive operation of a variety of retouch functions utilising touch panel characteristics
- With projection
Collaboration between the touch panel and projector function allow users to add text, drawings, or decorations such as flowers or fish during projection for interactive operations that make projection more enjoyable.
- With monitor playback
Six filter effects and "Glamour retouch", which applies adjustments to faces detected in images, are available for editing images without using a computer. These effects can be applied by simply tapping an image displayed in the monitor. Images to which effects have been applied are stored separately from original images, enabling editing of the same image in a variety of ways.
- 6 filter effects:
Color options - Modifies color tones.
Soft - Emphasises the subject by blurring the area surrounding the point that is tapped.
Selective color - Keep one specified color in the picture and change other colors to black and white.
Cross screen - Produce star shapes with lines radiating outward from bright objects such as reflected sunlight or city lights.
Fisheye - Make pictures look as if they were taken with a fisheye lens.
Miniature effect - A diorama effect is created by sharpening the center of the image and blurring portions at the top and bottom of the image.
5) High-definition movie recording that preserves excitement at the touch of a button
Adoption of a movie-record button enables quick and simple high-definition movie recording at a frame size of 1280 x 720 pixels.
6) Circle motif and design that emphasises projector operation and enjoyment
- User-friendly design
A circle motif and design has been adopted to emphasise the projector window and lens. The camera has been designed to express the enjoyment and user friendliness the projector offers.
- Advanced projector operation
An integrated projector button and projector focus dial has been positioned on the top of the camera for a design that is also functional. Adoption of a dial structure makes focus fine tuning simpler than with the S1000pj. In addition, the built-in projector stand on the bottom of the camera enables projection at a clear 10-degree angle by simply placing the camera on a table or desk. This eliminates the need for a separate dedicated stand.
7) An effective pixel count of 14.1 million pixels and a built-in 5x optical wide zoom NIKKOR lens with a zoom range beginning at 28mm (equivalent with 35mm  format angle of view)
Other functions and features new to the COOLPIX S1100pj
- A rating function that allows users to rate pictures with up to five stars and then sort and display pictures according to their rating.
- A new user interface with graphic tabs that display setting control information in the monitor to make function selection simple.
- A variety of slide show effects, including an animated character that "interacts" with a face detected with face-priority AF or the subject on which focus was acquired in time to selected background music. The camera offers 3 background music options and 4 image effects.
- Operation of the supplied remote control has been improved. It can now be used to switch to projector mode or play a slide show.
- Slides created with PowerPoint® presentation software can be converted to JPEG files that can be played back with the camera. (The designated file/folder structure on the SD memory card must be preserved).
- The New ViewNX 2 software is bundled with the COOLPIX S1100pj.
- High-resolution monitor