SINGAPORE – Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd is pleased to announce the launch of the new AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED, a compact and lightweight, 20mm*1 ultra-wide angle lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture to offer photographers the ability to creatively showcase the world around them and create memorable images.
The optical system has been designed based on the latest technologies, delivering superior rendering capability even when combined with a high-pixel-count camera body. The 20mm*1 ultra-wide angle focal length enables image expression by enabling the photographer to capture widely spread scenes, or offering new perspectives with blurred background images.
“The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED gives photographers an impressive opportunity to capture the world around them with a fresh perspective," said Garland Mak, Deputy General Manager of International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. "The minimum focus distance of 0.20m allows for up-close portraits where subjects noticeably stand out from the background. Leveraging the 20mm ultra-wide viewing angle, photographers can bring natural beauty to life as the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is ideal for shooting sceneries and landscapes.”
1. Creative Perspective
• See the world anew: The ultra-wide angle offered by the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED broadens the photographer's perspective, enabling them to capture unique shots, even in limited spaces. The wide viewing angle and f/1.8 aperture makes the 20mm*1 lens ideal even for indoor shooting.
• Beautiful bokeh: A very shallow depth of field at the maximum aperture of f/1.8 provides for photographic expression. Beautifully blurred pictures can be taken, even in dark indoor environments, while it is also possible to shoot close-up shots to a minimum focus distance of 0.20m.
2. Evolved Design
• Advanced optical design: The latest optical design technology ensures high resolution and superb reproduction of point images while minimising chromatic aberration, enabling the photographer to deliver clear, well-defined images.
• Impressive clarity and accuracy: The adoption of Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare for a clear depiction and crisp images.
• Quiet and portable: The AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is compatible with a wide range of 77mm screw-on filters and is designed with portability and quiet operation in mind. The compact and lightweight design ensures it is easy to carry to shoots. It also employs a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quiet yet smooth autofocus (AF) operation.
1 When used with a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the effective angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a 30mm focal length in 35mm  format.
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED will be available in starting in mid-September 2014. For more information on the AF-S NIKKOR 20mm F/1.8G ED and other Nikon products, please visit http://www.nikon-asia.com.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonAsia and get the latest news and information from Twitter by following @NikonAsia.